MJFA: MICHAEL JACKSON FORUM
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica

+2
stranger
childhood
6 partecipanti

Andare in basso

Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica Empty Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica

Messaggio Da childhood Gio Ott 01, 2009 12:41 pm

My trip to Neverland, and the call from Michael Jackson I'll never forget, by Paul Theroux
After the eminent American writer was given a rare tour of Michael Jackson's fabled ranch, the singer telephoned him in the early hours for a chat. Here, Paul Theroux recalls an unguarded conversation that touched on fame, childhood and Biblical betrayal.
Paul Theroux
Published: 11:22PM BST 27 Jun 2009

I heard the news today, oh boy, that Michael Jackson had a heart attack – and died of cardiac arrest, at the age of 50, in Los Angeles. I am reminded of a long conversation I had with him at four o'clock one morning, and of my visit to Neverland. The visit came first, the conversation a few weeks later, on the phone.

Neverland, a toytown wilderness of carnival rides and doll houses and zoo animals and pleasure gardens, lay inside a magnificent gateway on a side road in a rural area beyond Santa Barbara. Nosing around, I saw pinned to the wall of the sentry post an array of strange faces, some of them mugshots, all of them undesirables, with names and captions such as "Believes she is married to Mr Jackson" and "Might be armed" and "Has been loitering near gate".

Lloyd Webber: Michael loved the Phantom A road lined with life-sized bronzed statuary – skipping boys, gamboling animals – led past an artificial lake and a narrow-gauge railway to Michael's house. Neverland occupied an entire 3,000-acre valley, yet very little of it was devoted to human habitation – just the main house with its dark shingles and mullioned windows, and a three-bedroom guesthouse. The rest was given over to a railway terminus, Katharine Station, named after Jackson's mother, a formidable security headquarters, various funhouses, a cinema (with windowed bedrooms instead of balcony seats), and almost indefinable sites, one with teepees like an Indian camp.

And sprawling over many acres, the Jackson zoo of bad-tempered animals. The giraffes were understandably skittish. In another enclosure, rocking on its thick legs, was Gypsy, a moody five-ton elephant, which Elizabeth Taylor had given as a present to Michael. The elephant seemed to be afflicted with the rage of heightened musth. "Don't go anywhere near him," the keeper warned me.

In the reptile house, with its frisbee-shaped frogs and fat pythons, both a cobra and a rattlesnake had smashed their fangs against the glass of their cage trying to bite me. The llamas spat at me, as llamas do, but even in the ape sanctuary, "AJ", a big bristly, shovel-mouthed chimp, had spat in my face, and Patrick the orang-utan had tried to twist my hand. "And don't go anywhere near him, either."

In the wider part of the valley, the empty fairground rides were active – twinkling, musical – but empty: Sea Dragon, the Neverland Dodgem cars, the Neverland carrousel playing Michael's own song, Childhood ("Has anyone seen my childhood?…"). Even the lawns and flower beds were playing music; loudspeakers disguised as big, grey rocks buzzed with showtunes, filling the valley with unstoppable Muzak that drowned the chirping of wild birds. In the middle of it, a Jumbotron, its screen the size of a drive-in movie, showed a cartoon, two crazy-faced creatures quacking miserably at each other – all of this very bright in the cloudless California dusk, not a soul watching.

Later that day, I boarded a helicopter with Elizabeth Taylor – I was at Neverland interviewing her – and flew over the valley. It says something for Miss Taylor's much-criticised voice that I could hear her clearly over the helicopter noise. Girlish, imploring, piercing, the loud yack-yack-yack of the titanium rotor blades, she clutched her dog, a Maltese named Sugar, and screamed: "Paul, tell the pilot to go around in a circle, so we can see the whole ranch!"

Even without my relaying the message – even with his ears muffled by headphones – her voice knifed through to the pilot. He lifted us high enough into the peach-coloured sunset so that Neverland seemed even more toy-like.

"That's the gazebo, where Larry [Fortensky, her seventh husband] and I tied the knot," Elizabeth said, moving her head in an ironising wobble. Sugar blinked through prettily-combed white bangs which somewhat resembled Elizabeth's own white hair. "Isn't the railway station darling? Over there is where Michael and I have picnics," and she indicated a clump of woods on a cliff. "Can we go around one more time?"

Neverland Valley revolved slowly beneath us, the shadows lengthening from the pinky-gold glow slipping from the sky.

Even though no rain had fallen for months, the acres of lawns watered by underground sprinklers were deep green. Here and there, like toy soldiers, uniformed security people patrolled on foot, or on golf carts; some stood sentry duty – for Neverland was also a fortress.

"What's that railway station for?" I asked.

"The sick children."

"And all those rides?"

"The sick children."

"Look at all those tents…" Hidden in the woods, it was my first glimpse at the collection of tall teepees.

"The Indian village. The sick children love that place."

From this height, I could see that this valley of laboriously recaptured childhood pleasure was crammed with more statuary than I'd seen from ground level. Lining the gravel roads and the golf-cart paths were little winsome bronzes of flute players, rows of grateful, grinning kiddies, clusters of hand-holding tots, some with banjos, some with fishing rods; and large bronze statues, too, like the centrepiece of the circular drive in front of Michael's house, a statue of Mercury (god of merchandise and merchants), rising 30 feet, with winged helmet and caduceus, and all balanced on one tippy-toe, the last of the syrupy sunset lingering on his big bronze buttocks, making his bum look like a buttered muffin.

The house at Neverland was filled with images, many of them depicting Michael life-sized, elaborately costumed, in heroic poses with cape, sword, ruffed collar, crown. The rest were an example of a sort of obsessive iconography: images of Elizabeth Taylor, Diana Ross, Marilyn Monroe and Charlie Chaplin – and for that matter of Mickey Mouse and Peter Pan, all of whom, over the years, in what is less a life than a metamorphosis, he had come physically to resemble.

"So you're Wendy and Michael is Peter?" I had asked Elizabeth Taylor afterwards.

"Yeah. Yeah. There's a kind of magic between us."

The friendship started when, out of the blue, Michael offered her tickets for one of his Thriller Tour concerts – indeed, she asked for 14 tickets. But the seats were in a glass-enclosed VIP box, so far from the stage "you might as well have been watching it on TV". Instead of staying, she led her large party home.

Hearing that she'd left the concert early, Michael called the next day in tears apologising for the bad seats. He stayed on the line, they talked for two hours. And then they talked every day. Weeks passed, the calls continued. Months went by. "Really, we got to know each other on the telephone, over three months."

One day Michael suggested that he might drop by. Elizabeth said fine. He said: "May I bring my chimpanzee?" Elizabeth said, "Sure. I love animals." Michael showed up holding hands with the chimp, Bubbles.

"We have been steadfast ever since," Elizabeth said.

"Do you see much of Michael?"

"More of him than people realise – more than I realise," she said. They went in disguise to movies in Los Angeles cinemas, sitting in the back, holding hands. Before I could frame a more particular question, she said: "I love him. There's a vulnerability inside him which makes him the more dear. We have such fun together. Just playing."

Or role-playing – her Wendy to his Peter. In the hallway of her house, a large Michael Jackson portrait was inscribed "To my True Love Elizabeth. I'll love you Forever, Michael".

She gave him a live elephant. Dr Arnie Klein, his dermatologist, showed me a birthday snapshot taken in Las Vegas, Michael looking distinctly chalky as he presented Elizabeth with a birthday present, an elephant-shaped bauble, football-sized, covered in jewels.

What began as a friendship with Michael Jackson developed into a kind of cause in which Elizabeth Taylor became almost his only defender.

"What about his" – and I fished for a word – "eccentricity? Does that bother you?"

"He is magic. And I think all truly magical people have to have that genuine eccentricity." There is not an atom in her consciousness that allows her the slightest negativity on the subject of Jacko. "He is one of the most loving, sweet, true people I have ever loved. He is part of my heart. And we would do anything for each other."

This Wendy with a vengeance, who was a wealthy and world-famous pre-adolescent, supporting her parents from the age of nine, said she easily related to Michael, who was also a child star, and denied a childhood, as well as viciously abused by his father. There was a "Katherine" steam engine, and a "Katherine Street" at Neverland; there was no "Joseph Street", nor anything bearing his father's name.

'He'll talk to you if I ask him to," Elizabeth had told me. And at a prearranged signal, Michael called me, at four one morning. There was no secretarial intervention of "Mr Jackson on the line". The week's supermarket tabloids' headlines were "Jacko on suicide watch" and "Jacko in loony bin", and one with a South Africa dateline, "Wacko Jacko King of Pop Parasails with 13-year-old". In fact, he was in New York City, where he was recording a new album. This was 10 years ago.

My phone rang and I heard: "This is Michael Jackson." The voice was breathy, unbroken, boyish – tentative, yet tremulously eager and helpful, not the voice of a 40-year-old. In contrast to this lilting sound, its substance was denser, like a blind child giving you explicit directions in darkness.

"How would you describe Elizabeth?" I asked.

"She's a warm cuddly blanket that I love to snuggle up to and cover myself with. I can confide in her and trust her. In my business, you can't trust anyone."

"Why is that?"

"Because you don't know who's your friend. Because you're so popular, and there's so many people around you. You're isolated, too. Becoming successful means that you become a prisoner. You can't go out and do normal things. People are always looking at what you're doing."

"Have you had that experience?"

"Oh, lots of times. They try to see what you're reading, and all the things you're buying. They want to know everything. There are always paparazzi downstairs. They invade my privacy. They twist reality. They're my nightmare. Elizabeth is someone who loves me – really loves me."

"I suggested to her that she was Wendy and you're Peter."

"But Elizabeth is also like a mother – and more than that. She's a friend. She's Mother Teresa, Princess Diana, the Queen of England and Wendy. We have great picnics. It's so wonderful to be with her. I can really relax with her, because we've lived the same life and experienced the same thing."

"Which is?"

"The great tragedy of childhood stars. We like the same things. Circuses. Amusement parks. Animals."

And there was their shared fame and isolation.

"It makes people do strange things. A lot of our famous luminaries become intoxicated because of it – they can't handle it. And your adrenaline is at the zenith of the universe after a concert – you can't sleep. It's maybe two in the morning and you're wide awake. After coming off stage, you're floating."

"How do you handle that?"

"I watch cartoons. I love cartoons. I play video games. Sometimes I read."

"You mean you read books?"

"Yeah. I love to read short stories and everything."

"Any in particular?"

"Somerset Maugham," he said quickly, and then, pausing at each name: "Whitman. Hemingway. Twain."

"What about those video games?"

"I love X-Man. Pinball. Jurassic Park. The martial arts ones – Mortal Kombat."

"I played some of the video games at Neverland," I said. "There was an amazing one called Beast Buster."

"Oh, yeah, that's great. I pick each game. That one's maybe too violent, though. I usually take some with me on tour."

"How do you manage that? The video game machines are pretty big, aren't they?"

"Oh, we travel with two cargo planes."

"Have you written any songs with Elizabeth in mind?"

"Childhood."

"Is that the one with the line, 'Has anyone seen my childhood?'"

"Yes. It goes…", and he liltingly recited "Before you judge me, try to…", and then sang the rest.

"Didn't I hear that playing on your merry-go-round at Neverland?"

Delightedly, he said, "Yes! Yes!"

He went on about childhood, how, like Elizabeth, as a child star he used to support his family.

"I was a child supporting my family. My father took the money. Some of the money was put aside for me, but a lot of the money was put back into the entire family. I was just working the whole time."

"So you didn't have a childhood, then – you lost it. If you had it to do again how would you change things?"

"Even though I missed out on a lot, I wouldn't change anything."

"I can hear your little kids in the background." The gurgling had become insistent, like a plug-hole in a flood. "If they wanted to be performers and lead the life you led, what would you say?"

"They can do whatever they want to do. If they want to do that, it's okay."

"How will you raise them differently from the way you were raised?"

"With more fun. More love. Not so isolated."

"Elizabeth says she finds it painful to look back on her life. Do you find it hard to do that?"

"No, not when it's pertaining to an overview of your life rather than any particular moment."

This oblique and somewhat bookish form of expression was a surprise to me – another Michael Jackson surprise. He had made me pause with "intoxicated" and "zenith of the universe", too. I said: "I'm not too sure what you mean by 'overview'."

"Like childhood. I can look at that. The arc of my childhood."

"But there's some moment in childhood when you feel particularly vulnerable. Did you feel that? Elizabeth said that she felt she was owned by the studio."

"Sometimes really late at night we'd have to go out – it might be three in the morning – to do a show. My father forced us. He would get us up. I was seven or eight. Some of these were clubs or private parties at people's houses. We'd have to perform." This was in Chicago, New York, Indiana, Philadelphia, he added – all over the country. "I'd be sleeping and I'd hear my father. 'Get up! There's a show!' "

"But when you were on stage, didn't you get a kind of thrill?"

"Yes. I loved being on stage. I loved doing the shows."

"What about the other side of the business – if someone came up after the show, did you feel awkward?"

"I didn't like it. I've never liked people-contact. Even to this day, after a show, I hate it, meeting people. It makes me shy. I don't know what to say."

"But you did that Oprah interview, right?

"With Oprah it was tough. Because it was on TV – on TV, it's out of my realm. I know that everyone is looking and judging. It's so hard."

"Is this a recent feeling – that you're under scrutiny?"

"No," he said firmly, "I have always felt that way."

"Even when you were seven or eight?"

"I'm not happy doing it."

"Which I suppose is why talking to Elizabeth over a period of two or three months on the phone would be the perfect way to get acquainted. Or doing what we're doing right now."

"Yes."

At some point Michael's use of the phrase "lost childhood" prompted me to quote the line from George William Russell, "In the lost boyhood of Judas / Christ was betrayed", and I heard "Wow" at the other end of the line. He asked me to explain what that meant, and when I did, he urged me to elaborate. What sort of a childhood did Judas have? What had happened to him? Where had he lived? Who had he known?

I told him that Judas had red hair, that he was the treasurer of the Apostles, that he might have been Sicarii – a member of a radical Jewish group, that he might not have died by hanging himself but somehow exploded, all his guts flying.

Twenty more minutes of Biblical apocrypha with Michael Jackson, on the lost childhood of Judas, and then the whisper again.

"Wow."

Il mio viaggio a Neverland, e la chiamata di Michael Jackson non lo dimenticherò mai, da Paul Theroux

l'illustre scrittore americano descrive il suo viaggio favoloso nel ranch di Michael Jackson, il cantante ha telefonato a lui nelle prime ore del mattino per una chiacchierata. Paul Theroux ricorda una conversazione in cui parlarono della fama, l'infanzia e della Bibbia.

quando ho sentito che Michael Jackson ha avuto un attacco di cuore ed è morto all'età di 50, a Los Angeles, mi è venuta in mente una lunga conversazione che ho avuto con lui alle quattro del mattino e della mia visita a Neverland. La visita è venuta prima, la conversazione poche settimane dopo, al telefono cellulare.

Neverland è la città dei giocattoli,un carnevale con case di bambole e animali da zoo e oasi di piacere, era magnifica, posta su una strada laterale in una zona rurale al di là di Santa Barbara.
Ficcando il naso in giro, ho visto appese alle pareti del posto di guardia una serie di facce strane, foto segnaletiche degli ospiti indesiderati, con nomi e didascalie come "ritiene si è sposata con il signor Jackson" e "Potrebbe essere armato" e "ha bighellonato vicino alla porta".
Michael amava la Phantom, una strada fiancheggiata da statue a grandezza naturale in bronzo raffiguranti animali e ragazzi volteggianti, Lloyd Webber ha creato un lago artificiale e una ferrovia a scartamento ridotto a casa di Michael.
Neverland occupava un intera valle di 3.000 acri, ma solo una piccola parte era dedicata alle abitazioni: solo la casa principale con le sue tegole scure e le bifore, e una pensione a tre camere da letto. Il resto era dedicato a un capolinea della ferrovia, la Katharine Station, dal nome della madre di Jackson, un formidabile quartier generale di sicurezza, giostre diverse, un cinema (con camere da letto), una tepee come un campo indiano .

E su molti ettari si estendeva lo zoo di animali feroci. Le giraffe poste in un luogo ombroso. In un altro recinto, l' elefante , che Elizabeth Taylor aveva dato in regalo a Michael.
Nella casa dei rettili, rane e pitoni a un cobra ed un serpente a sonagli che aveva rotto il vetro della gabbia cercando di mordermi.
anche lama , scimmie, scimpanzè.
Nella parte più larga della valle, le giostre vuote erano attive; il Sea Dragon, le vetture autoscontro di Neverland , il carosello Neverland girava con la canzone di Michael, Childhood .
Anche i prati e le aiuole sono state progettate per la riproduzione di musica, altoparlanti camuffati da grandi rocce grigie ronzavano con showtunes, riempiendo la valle con inarrestabile Muzak che copriva il cinguettio degli uccelli selvatici. Nel mezzo una Jumbotron, lo schermo delle dimensioni di un drive-in movie, mandava un cartone animato, due crazy-creature tutto questo illuminato nel crepuscolo della California senza nuvole a guardare .

Più tardi sono salito su un elicottero con Elizabeth Taylor per sorvolare la valle. gridò: "Paul, dico al pilota di girare in cerchio, in modo che possiamo vedere per intero il ranch! "

un tramonto color pesca illuminava Neverland che sembrava ancora di più un giocattolo.

"Questo è il gazebo, dove ho sposato Larry [Fortensky, il marito settimo] .

Neverland Valley ruotava lentamente sotto di noi, allungando le ombre dal bagliore oro.

Anche se la pioggia non era caduta per mesi, ettari di pratierano bagnati da irrigatori erano di un verde intenso. Qua e là,addetti alla sicurezza in uniforme come soldatini, pattugliano a piedi, o su golf cart, o in sentinella Neverland che appare come un castello.

per chi è la stazione ferroviaria ?" Ho chiesto.

"per i bambini malati."

"Guarda le tende ..." Nascosta nei boschi la collezione di tepee alti.

"Il villaggio indiano. I bambini malati amano quel luogo."

Da questa altezza, ho potuto vedere che in questa valle di piacere aveva faticosamente cercato di riconquistare l'infanzia.
vi erano molte più statue di quanto io avessi visto dal livello del suolo. le strade foderate di ghiaia e il golf-cart percorsi da seducenti suonatori di flauto, filari di grazie sorridono ai bambini, statue di ragazzini con grappoli nella mano alcuni dei quali con banjo, alcune con canne da pesca, e statue in bronzo di grandi dimensioni, anche lui al centro del disco circolare di fronte alla casa di Michael(orologio), una statua di Mercurio (dio della merce e commercianti) con l'elmo alato e caduceo.
La casa a Neverland era piena di immagini, molte delle quali raffigurano la vita Michael , in costume, in pose eroiche con la cappa, la spada, la corona.immagini di Elizabeth Taylor, Diana Ross, Marilyn Monroe e Charlie Chaplin, Topolino e Peter Pan.
"Così lei è Wendy e Peter è Michael ?" ho chiesto a Elizabeth Taylor dopo.

"Già. Yeah. C'è una specie di magia tra di noi."

L'amicizia è cominciato quando, di punto in bianco, Michael mi ha offerto i suoi biglietti per uno dei suoi concerti del Thriller Tour - anzi, 14 biglietti. Ma i posti eranozona riservata ai VIP, così lontano dal palcoscenico.
Michael mi chiamò scusandosi per la sistemazione in lacrime e parlammo al telefono per 2 ore poi abbiamo parlato tutti i giorni. le Settimane passavano, le chiamate continuavano. Passano i mesi. "Davvero, ci siamo conosciuti a vicenda per telefono,per oltre tre mesi".

Un giorno Michael ha detto a Elizabeth: "Posso portare il mio scimpanzè?" Elizabeth ha detto, "Certo. Io amo gli animali". Michael si presentò mano nella mano con lo scimpanzè, Bubbles.

Sono andati sotto mentite spoglie al cinema a Los Angeles, seduti dietro, tenendosi per mano.
disse: "Io lo amo. C'è una vulnerabilità dentro di lui che lo rende il più caro. ci divertiamo insieme. solo a giocare."
Nel corridoio di casa sua, un grande ritratto di Michael Jackson riporta la dicitura"to my True Love Elizabeth. I'll love you Forever, Michael".
Quella che era iniziata come un amicizia con Michael Jackson si è sviluppato tanto che Elizabeth Taylor è diventata quasi il suo unico difensore.

" ho pescato una parola - "eccentricità.
Ritiene che gli dia fastidio?"

"E 'la magia. E penso che tutte le persone magiche dovrebbero avere quella eccentricità". Non c'è un atomo nella sua coscienza, che esprima la minimanegatività in materia. "lui è una delle persone più amabili, dolci,sincere che io abbia mai amato. Fa parte del mio cuore. E noi faremmo qualunque cosa l'uno per l'altra."

Michael era un bambino prodio, come liz, vittima di un'infanzia negata, di abusi da parte di suo padre. a neverland c'èra una macchina a vapore chyiamata "Katherine" , e una "Katherine Street" ma non c'era "Joseph Street", né un'altra cosa che porta il nome di suo padre.

parlarà con te, se glielo chiedo,mi aveva dettoElizabeth.
E Michael mi ha chiamato, una mattina alle quattro. Questo è stato 10 anni fa.
Il mio telefono ha squillato e ho sentito: "Si tratta di Michael Jackson." La voce era ininterrotta, infantile, io ancora tremante ansioso non sentivo la voce di un 40enne.
In contrasto con questo suono cadenzato, la sua sostanza era più concreta, come se un bambino cieco stesse dandoti indicazioni esplicite nelle tenebre.

"Come descriverebbe Elizabeth?" Ho chiesto.

"È una coperta calda di peluche che io amo coprire di coccole. Posso confidare in lei e nella sua fiducia. Nel mio lavoro, non ci si può fidare di nessuno".

"Perché?"

"Perché tu non sai chi è tuo amico. Perché sei così popolare, e c'è tanta gente intorno a te. Sei isolato, troppo. successo significa diventarne un prigioniero. Non si può uscire e fare normali le cose. La gente è sempre alla ricerca di quello che stai facendo. "

"Hai avuto questa esperienza?"

"Oh, un sacco di volte. Cercano di vedere ciò che stai leggendo, e tutte le cose che stai acquistando. Vogliono sapere tutto. Ci sono sempre paparazzi al piano di sotto. Invadono la mia privacy. Essi distorcono la realtà. loro sono il mio incubo. Elisabetta è una persona che mi ama - mi ama davvero ".

"Ma Elisabetta è anche come una madre - e di più.
E 'così bello stare con lei. Posso davvero rilassarmi con lei, perché abbiamo vissuto la stessa vita e sperimentato la stessa cosa. "

"Qual è?"

"La grande tragedia di una infanzia da star. Vogliamo le stesse cose. Circhi. Parchi di divertimento. Animali". condividiamo la stessa fama e l' isolamento.

" le persone fanno cose strane. Molti dei nostri vip non sono in grado di gestirlo. E l' adrenalina è allo zenit dell'universo dopo un concerto - non si può dormire. alle due del mattino sei ancora sveglio. fuori dalla scena, sei fluttuante ".

"Come fai a gestirlo?"

"Guardo i cartoni animati. I love cartoons. gioco ai videogiochi. leggo".

"Vuoi dire che hai letto dei libri?"

"Già. Amo leggere racconti e tutto."

"Qualcosa in particolare?"

"Somerset Maugham," disse in fretta, e poi, fermandosi ad ogni nome: "Whitman. Hemingway. Twain".

"E quali videogiochi?"

" amo X-Man. Pinball. Jurassic Park.le arti marziali - Mortal Kombat".

"Ho giocato ad alcuni dei videogiochi a Neverland», dissi. "Ce n'è uno straordinario chiamato Bestia Buster".

"Oh, yeah, that's great. forse è troppo violento, però. di solito ne porto con me in tour".

"Come fai a gestire questo? Le macchine dei videogiochi sono piuttosto grandi, non è vero?"

"Oh, noi viaggiamo con due aerei cargo".

"Hai scritto dei brani pensando ad Elisabetta ?"

"childhood".

«Sì». " Prima di giudicare me, cerca di ... ", e poi ha cantato il resto.
parlammo dell'infanzi era un bambino prodigio e per tanto manteneva la sua famiglia.

"Ero un bambino e i soldi erano a disposizione della mia famiglia. Mio padre ha preso i soldi. Una parte del denaro è stato messo da parte per me, ma un sacco di soldi è stato diviso in tutta la famiglia. lavoravo tutto il tempo."

"Quindi lei non ha avuto una infanzia? se potesse ricominciare cosa farebbe?
"Anche se ho perso molte cose, non cambierei nulla".

"Potevo sentire i più piccoli." Il gorgoglio era diventato insistente, come un diluvio. "Se volessero essere artisti e condurre la vita che hai fatto tu, cosa diresti?"

"Possono fare ciò che vogliono. Se vogliono farlo, va bene."

"li alleveresti in modo diverso dal modo in cui sei stato allevato tu?"

"Con più divertimento. Più amore. Non così isolati."

"Elizabeth dice che trova doloroso guardare indietro sulla sua vita. Ti riesce difficile farlo?"

"No, non quando è relativo ad un quadro generale della tua vita o ad un momento particolare".

Questa forma un po 'libresca di espressione è stata una sorpresa per me. Lui aveva fatto una pausa dicendo"intossicata" e "zenith del cosmo". allora ho detto: "Non sono troppo sicuro di cosa intendi per 'Panoramica'."

" l'infanzia. Posso guardare a quell 'arco della mia infanzia".

"Ma c'è un momento nell'infanzia quando ci si sente particolarmente vulnerabili. come ti sentivi? Elisabetta ha detto che sentiva che era di proprietà dello studio."

"A volte a tarda notte dovevamo uscire - alle tre del mattino - per fare uno spettacolo nei club o alle feste private a casa della gente.
Mio padre ci ha costretti. Avevo sette o otto anni. sono stato a Chicago, New York, Indiana, Philadelphia,in tutto il paese. "Volevo dormire e sentivo mio padre. 'Get up! C'è uno spettacolo!' "

"Ma quando eri sul palco, provavi una forte emozione?"

«Sì». Amavo stare sul palcoscenico. Amavo esibirmi. "

"E l'altro lato del business - se qualcuno si avvicinava, dopo lo spettacolo, cosa provavi?"

"Non mi piace. Mi è mai piaciuto il contatto con le persone . Ancora oggi, dopo uno spettacolo, odio incontrare le persone. sono 'timido. Non so cosa dire."

"hai fatto una intervista con Oprah, giusto?

"Con Oprah è stata dura. Perché era in TV - in TV, è fuori del mio regno. So che tutti guardano e ti giudicano. E 'così difficile."

"hai la sensazione di essere sotto esame?"

"disse con fermezza: "mi sono sempre sentito così".

"Anche quando avevi sette o otto anni?"

"Io non ero felice di esserlo".

" suppongo che parlare per due o tre mesi al telefono sarebbe il modo ideale per conoscerti.
"Sì".

A un certo punto Michael dice ho "perso l'infanzia" questo mi ha fatto venire in mente "l' infanzia perduta di Giuda / Cristo è stato tradito", e ho sentito "Wow" all'altro capo della linea.
Mi ha chiesto di spiegare che cosa volessi dire, e quando l'ho fatto, mi ha incoraggiato a elaborare il pensiero. Che tipo di infanzia ha Giuda ? Che cosa era successo a lui? Dove aveva vissuto?

Gli ho detto che Giuda aveva i capelli rossi, che era il tesoriere degli Apostoli, che egli avrebbe potuto essere un Sicario - un membro di un gruppo radicale ebraico, che egli non sarebbe morto impiccandosi, ma in qualche modo è esploso.

parlammo 20i minuti degli apocrifi biblici ,dell' infanzia perduta di Giuda, e poi sussurrò di nuovo.

"Wow".
childhood
childhood
Moderatrice Globale
Moderatrice Globale

Numero di messaggi : 12795

Torna in alto Andare in basso

Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica Empty Re: Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica

Messaggio Da stranger Gio Ott 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Bello e davvero interessante questo articolo...grazie!
stranger
stranger
Dangerous Tour
Dangerous Tour

Numero di messaggi : 464

Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica Empty Re: Paul Theroux: il suo viaggio a neverland e l'intervista telefonica

Messaggio Da Applehead1993 Gio Ott 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Grazie mille^^
Applehead1993
Applehead1993
Greatest Entertainer of All Time
Greatest Entertainer of All Time

Numero di messaggi : 11213

Messaggio Da Giovanni Gio Ott 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Grazie mille Wink

Sposto in TESTIMONIANZE Wink
Giovanni
Giovanni
Admin & Founder
Admin & Founder

Numero di messaggi : 10734

https://michaeljackson.forumattivo.com

Messaggio Da Gen Gio Ott 01, 2009 4:32 pm

Grazie di cuore Very Happy
Che bella...
Gen
Gen
INVINCIBLE
INVINCIBLE

Numero di messaggi : 2208

Messaggio Da smilemj Sab Ago 13, 2011 2:34 pm

wow....solo wow!!!!

smilemj
Giovane Promessa
Giovane Promessa

Numero di messaggi : 3

http://libero.it    facebook

Messaggio Da Contenuto sponsorizzato

Contenuto sponsorizzato

- Argomenti simili